I’ve seen a lot of people on YouTube do this ‘year-long star sign inspired makeup challenge’ and I thought I’d give it a go.
Not only will it encourage me to try different colours and looks, but also to start shopping my stash and looking through my collection to find those colours.
The first star sign is Capricorn- disciplined, practical, sensitive, realistic, persistent, ambitious- born between December 22nd and January 20th. They belong to the Earth element of the Zodiac and are ruled by the planet Saturn (aka, the ‘task master’) and have the symbol of a Sea Goat:
The colour spectrum of a Capricorn, as showcased in the above image, tends to be dark, moody shades of red, blue, green and purple.
I also found this helpful colour spectrum on Pinterest, so the two are what I used to inspire my look.
This is what I came up with:
To achieve this look I used my Jeffree Star x Shane Dawson Conspiracy Palette and my Modern Renaissance palette by ABH.
1. I began by taking Tanacon from the Conspiracy palette through my crease and toward my brow bone.
2. I then deepened this with Diet Root Beer.
3. I took Red Ochre from the Modern Renaissance palette and focussed this more through the crease and onto the upper part of my lid, blending well.
4. Next I added Not A Fact below Red Ochre, again making sure each shade blended into the last.
5. I placed Illuminatea to the bottom half of my lid and along the lash line.
6. Lastly, I added Primavera to my inner corner for a bright pop of gold.